- Will it work where I live?
- How much will it cost?
- Vertical closed loop installation: $5-8,000 ton heating/cooling
- Open loop/ horizontal closed-loop installation: $4-7,000 ton heating/cooling
- How does it work?
- Where can I get training?
- What rules and regulations apply?
Note these are industry complaints and not complaints about Shine Energy.
- Electricity bill is too high.
- System doesn't keep our house warm.
But don't be afraid to look at making sure your house is properly insulated. That is really the first step any homeowner should take before worrying about heating or cooling their house.
- Equipment broke down.
- No contractor nearby.
- Too many choices.
- Too many stories.
One story you may hear when building a new home could come from your general contractor or developer. They may not encourage you to use GHPs. The reason; they are unfamiliar with these systems and very familiar with the conventional systems. Due to the nature of the business, they have a low risk tolerance and prefer to stick to their standard HVAC contractors. The contractors don't have time to learn about the GHPs. The important thing to remember, it is your home and your choice. Seek information elsewhere if you can't get it from them.